FrankForum (Frankness IS Forum)

No ads, no mods, Frankly Anonymous (you can join w/fake name/email, are not tracked)!
It is currently 20 Mar 2019, 12:18

All times are UTC

Forum rules

GUESTS AND MEMBERS CAN VOTE AND POST HERE. Not moderated, so you are on your own. Spambots and stalkers and anti-semites will be deleted and banned without notice. Else, try to be thoughtful, protect your own privacy, don't swear much (makes one appear infantile), but I won't censor. POLICE YOURSELF.

Post subject: Trump's Illiteracy
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2017, 05:27 

I sort of pushed this off at first because I didn't think it would have many arguments going for it. But David Pakman does bring a lot of interesting evidence--AND this would complete some suspicions I've had regarding his troubled education (where he paid no attention in elementary and caused problems for students and teachers); some documentaries have gone into it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd79UsXSLWg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXGuJlTVXfw

Thoughts?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Trump's Illiteracy
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2017, 20:55 

I've been thinking this over for awhile, and here's some conclusions I've had:

#1 Trump consistently lambasted teleprompters throughout his whole campaign (instead saying that they're stupid because you're just reading something already written*), and when it came time for him to actually USE one, he claimed it was broken as he struggled to read it
*This would also explain why Trump is fairly 'proficient' at improvisation at a speech--because... there is no speech, he only lives in a verbal world without text.

#2 At one point of his campaign he said something very strange... that many contractors and workers he's known who can't read are more 'brilliant' than those who go to Harvard. Reading is an important asset regardless of your intelligence... the only conclusion I can come about this, is that he needs to pet his own ego (like usual) and proclaim illiteracy is better than those who are literate.

#3 That famous court case where he was given some papers to read, he then says the print is too small and that he's "forgotten his glasses". Finally the lady says she could print it out bigger and then Trump gives in to try and make sense what's before him, but stares at it a long, long time and only paraphrases a few things. I don't think we've EVER seen Trump wear glasses, and there's ample proof throughout his campaign that he is "reading" things without requiring the aide of glasses. Furthermore what changed when the lady asked that they could print it bigger for him?

#4 The whole thing about him bragging and saying he gets his assistant(s) to write out a tweet based on what he dictates.

#5 The fact Trump blatantly states he watches television programs consistently for everything. This also explains why he got into Alex Jones and why he's always watching CNN.

#6 And this is something that has come out from the white house, where Trump refuses to read pages and that they have to be in short bullet points. And you know, the whole thing where he doesn't attend intelligence briefings / building up on the whole point that his attention span is very, very limited.

And of course there's many more, but those are the ones that stood out to me the most. Sometimes the truth comes from Trump's own lips because he's so egotistic.

Report this post

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2017, 22:27 

Ok. You're officially scaring the crap out of me now. :sofa: :eek:

I'm speechless.....We can fix this. Maybe we can send him some 'hooked on phonics' or something.

Edit:

Apparently he can read, though its not very impressive, and I wonder how much of what he reads, he actually comprehends. I don't think he would score very high on a literacy test.

https://youtu.be/U4HrPSTOgxU

HEB 4:12
The word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of the soul and the spirit, of the joints and marrow, and is a critic of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Report this post

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2017, 01:47 

Anonynomenon wrote:
Ok. You're officially scaring the crap out of me now. :sofa: :eek:

I'm speechless.....We can fix this. Maybe we can send him some 'hooked on phonics' or something.

Edit:

Apparently he can read, though its not very impressive, and I wonder how much of what he reads, he actually comprehends. I don't think he would score very high on a literacy test.

https://youtu.be/U4HrPSTOgxU

WOW!!! Look at when he reads that! He REPEATS every two words and mulls over it with nonsense before he reads the next bit. And then back tracks and re-reads the whole bit again--especially when getting to more complex vocabulary like 'detrimental', AND THEN HE REPEATS 'DETRIMENTAL' TWICE! That's actually similar to 'echolalia' when you repeat something because you don't understand it (typically reserved for the mentally ill or babies).

Notice he has no ability to read a fluid sentence and has to make some very long pauses between words; AND THIS IS ASSUMING he spent hours (or days) studying this to be able to get this far.

As David Pakman noted, the exaggerated hand movements can also be found in those who are illiterate as a coping mechanism.
:appleface:

Report this post

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2017, 14:32 

Looks like Trump actually read off during the meeting with Trudeau:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXzaaC6Krqo
You'll notice he's sounding out some words, like 'address', he pronounces it in an unusual fashion as one would by reading literally. Vocabulary is also fairly basic.

I also like in the youtube comments that some Americans are confused about Trudeau's bilingual speech. Really? And the American channel that was broadcasted on they overwrite the French (which is just repeating the same thing in English). *sigh*

The contrast between Trudeau who is bilingual and proficient in literacy versus Trump's anglophone primitive literacy is sort of interesting.

Report this post

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2017, 09:12 
Site Admin

So now I understand why DT claimed Trump University got an A+ holding up the paper close in his homemade video -- but the paper didn't SAY what he claimed, you could read it right there on HIS screen.

See for yourself. AT 35 SECONDS HE SHOWS THE LETTER WHICH CLEARLY SAYS IT IS NOT TO BE USED AS HE IS USING IT, the line stands by itself. It is also not for the period referenced in the debate. Use full screen, see the letter yourself. I thought he was lying, but maybe he can't read and others lied to him about what it said?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqfsbQGPLAE

Report this post