There are as many interpretations of Daniel 9, as there are people. So it's really helpful that his prayer, is metered (click here
). The meter is consistent with the style Moses used from Genesis 1 onward, and Daniel 'tags' Moses and Isaiah's meter in a provable manner, so you can tell WHAT DANIEL MEANS. (I really should write a book on this, but maybe God wants someone else to do that, someone society will respect. The data isn't mine, but BIBLE, so anyone can do it. Hence this post.)
Simply put, God granted 2100 years to the goyim then 2100 years to the Jews; during the last 94, Messiah was to be born Year 4106 from Adam's Fall, then pay for sins and die at age 40, which would be 2100 years after Abraham matured
; leaving, 53.5 years on the clock to the Promised Psalm 90:4 Millennium, just as Moses tracked since the end of Genesis 1 (in meter). Why? Because Abraham matured 53.5 years prior to the end of the first 2100, so Jewish Time had to begin EARLY.
The idea was, the 'Jubilee' (last 50 years) and 'time of Jacob's trouble' (3.5 years) would be in effect, Gentile Time Reimbursed.
Ergo, ever since Moses wrote Genesis, there was a SET TIME (l'moed
, in Hebrew) for everything, and especially for Messiah. Problem was, a) would God be faithful to keep that TIME promise? Then b) would Israel be faithful to accept Messiah when He came?
Answers: a) yes, b) no. But that outcome wasn't known, until He came.Meanwhile, the Schedule could be thwarted or delayed.
So Daniel's prayer, is actually an accounting recap of the time spent to show that the Temple went down per God's ruling in Jeremiah 25:11ff and 29:10, which Daniel was reading at the time, per Daniel 9:2. So when the 70 years had nearly elapsed for Daniel's own captivity in the first wave of deportees with Nebuchadnezzar
-- he invokes that SCHEDULE as the juridical basis
for rebuilding the Temple. So his prayer is metered as an accounting balance sheet, and God too replies in meter showing those accounting values.. but for us reading in translation, we only see the numbers in God's reply and don't know why those numbers are there.
The debates have thus been endless.
For Daniel, this was basic calendar math
: as his meter shows, ticking off time per kingship year, starting with David at Hebron: David had to be crowned no later than the 1050st year after Abraham matured
.. and he was, which Daniel meters in Daniel 9:6.. but then David died late at age 77 (a blistering point made in the accounting from 1Kings 1:1-6:1, which Daniel is recounting in his prayer), so that set the clock back for Last David aka Christ's Birth, to be no later than the 97th year prior to the elapse of, the 4200nd year after Adam's FALL, so to die no later than the 1000th anniversary of David's own death in 963 BC. (The 2100+2100 is measured starting with Adam's Fall, Genesis 3:15-22.)
17 years after Daniel's prayer and wittily, Haggai 2 will update Christ's Birth DAY as 4103 from Adam's Fall, but 25 Chislev, later known as Chanukah (after sundown on the 24th), twice in Haggai 2. Clever play on Seed of Baal to become Seed of Christ, aka Zeru (Seed) ba (of) Bel (baal). For Zerubaby was the adopted or real son of Shealtiel, who was the adopted son of Jeconiah, whose seed was cut off (yeah, he was 18 when jailed, and stayed jailed until age 55). The line shifted from the older son of Bathsheba, Solomon, to the younger, Nathan: that's the Miriam bloodline recount, in Luke.So the '62nd week' of Daniel, ended at 37 AD, 586 (BC) +70+70+49+434, when He was scheduled to Die. Then another now 57 years was to elapse (adjusting for Solomon's lateness in 1Kings 6:1, 3.5 years after David died). So the Mill should have started in 94 AD. It didn't. The Trib should have started 7 years prior, in 87AD. It didn't. Because, Christ died 7 years EARLIER THAN SCHEDULED, a fact which goes missed by 'scholars' who insist on using lunar years, though the Bible only uses solar (483 lunar years equals 476 solar, so they miss the extra seven in their calculations). So He dies at the end of the 61st week, not 62nd.
So pre-Trib rapture remains due to Israel's being owed an added seven years that were supposed to be spent taking down the Temple. So those seven years still play, and against the Temple as everyone expected.. but the Tribulation seven, remains.
It's an accounting balance. Very prosaic. Now you can see why the preterists get it wrong. They use lunar years, realize that yes, the seven years from (however you want to count it) 64-70AD or 66-73AD got played on the Temple take-down, so.. done, finished. So they don't see the extra seven. Dispies are no better, using some old book by a guy who for a hobby, informally GUESSING the Daniel 9 timeline, to balance it to when Christ ACTUALLY died (not knowing there was a schedule).. so they mangle the BIBLE's 62 weeks, to Palm Sunday, or some other similar nonsense.
No one bothers to balance all this to BIBLE. So no one realizes the math doesn't balance, because no one's looking at WHO ISSUED THE DECREE (God, duh) in Daniel 9:24, talking back to Jeremiah 25 and 29, which Daniel was reading (Dan 9:2) and which provoked his prayer. Instead, everyone claims the Darius of Nehemiah's day was the guy issuing a decree, though BIBLE NEVER SAYS that. In fact, the only recorded decree, is by Cyrus, within maybe a few months after Daniel prays! So then the 'decree' cannot be a human king's, and balance. Yeah, because God is King of the Universe, and Dan 9:24 tells you it's HIS Decree. Ooops.
In short, both preterists and pre-Tribbers have been misaccounting Daniel 9, for centuries. Okay, so let's all kick ourselves for fifty-seven seconds, then realize we're all forgiven since the Cross, 1John 1:7; therefore, we can use 1John1:9 and get our brains back.
So John writes Revelation
in 88 AD, a year after the Trib was supposed to start, to explain why Trib didn't begin on the old schedule
. In 88AD, Domitian wanted everyone and his brother jailed
for conspiracy; so maybe someone in the provinces who wanted to curry favor with Domitian, went on a Christian/Jewish witch-hunt, and jailed John for that reason. (For there's no proof Domitian ordered John jailed. The so-called 'church fathers' lie about everything, couldn't get a Bible doctrine right if their lives depended on it.. and just blamed Domitian. You know, name-dropping. We shouldn't just swallow, what they write!)
Rev is an update on, Daniel 9.
So as you can imagine, this Daniel 9 meter is a political powder keg. People have been killing each other for centuries, over Bible interpretation
. Every denomination will have a vested interest in the meter, pro or con. That makes it difficult to evaluate, objectively. So the best approach, is to examine Daniel 9's meter, forensically. Draw conclusions from SOURCE, not opinion.
Ergo, my many videos. For Daniel, the videos are few, because the pdf is really better, click here
. Video channel is here
, very unfinished. Notice I don't cover variants, because (as is usual) in the BHS text, I didn't find any. Doesn't mean there aren't any, but as you know the Hebrew texts have been simplified much over the years, and the variants eliminated. So you're kinda limited to qere
readings. By contrast, LXX varies a lot, and I didn't use it, since it's not metered, and not original.
One thing for sure: those who claim a late date for Daniel, don't know how to read the Hebrew. Yes, it's Hebrew in Chapter 9. I don't cover that and a lot of the debate, in videos or the pdf.
There is a limited intro to Daniel in the Youtube videos, starting here
. That link's video description has a lot of audio outlining the whole book, using the NIV to make it easier to follow. Orientation to the whole book matters, to get the context of Daniel 9 properly seated. It's positively embarrassing how badly Chapter 9 has been misread over the centuries. Calvies and Catholics are especially bad at it, but the Dispies aren't all that great, either. So of course the debate continues, if everyone's inept!
So where to start to get what DANIEL meant? Well, the pdf is good for its meter chart and 'Footnote E', which tracks the specific verses Daniel references as he talks; his satire is biting, so that makes it easier to know what verses he has in mind. So the meter, combined with the clever matching of words to verses mostly in Kings and Chronicles (which Daniel was reading at the time Chapter 9 begins, see Dan 9:2) -- that altogether, makes for an extremely sophisticated study I don't quite know how to cover, in videos.Mary knows what Daniel means
- so she ends her meter at her Future Son's age 56 = the number of syllables Daniel omits from his prophetic metered timeline.
- Because, only 40 years would remain to the Millennium (clever reversal of His Planned Death Age and years remaining to Mill).
- So Paul in Ephesians 1:3-14, picks up where Mary leaves off.
- He thus writes when Christ would have been age 56 on the initial timeline (our 59 AD),
- pointedly using Daniel 9's 434 as Paul's own meter for Church in Dan 9:26 Groundhog Day loop -- 56 at either end, get the pun?
- They all three play on Moses' and Isaiah's use of '56' which is the sevened meter version of 57. It's the most common meter 'tag' key, in Scripture.
- See, in Jewish time, 57 begins at the 'sundown' of 56... So all the Bible writers play with 56, as it's
- 49=years Temple Down, plus 7 sabbatical years owed on the 49 sabbatical years missed and elapsed during Temple Down (search on 'Accountant' after clicking that link, to see the full math).
- So God splits the 49 and the 7 in Daniel 9:25ff: for the extra 7 years cannot be made up until Messiah's lifetime.
- Moses was predicting it in Psalm 90:16-17, with the clever 'establish the work of our hands'.
- Isaiah tagged that phrase to show Messiah's Hand, in Isaiah 53:10, last phrase.
- Isaiah gave a precise prophecy of the Temple going down 126 years after his date of writing.. at which point,
- it would be 126 years short of its own 490-year allotment (measured from the Exodus to dedication, 1Kings9).
- This is 70+49+7; so God's reply to Daniel shows that time being reimbursed.
- Thus a new 490 can be added, '490 years have been decreed..', Daniel 9:24, same basic Time Promise Unit since Adam's fall.
- And right on time too, since 950BC Temple Dedication should have gone to 460 BC, and another 490 be granted.
- But Temple Down, 586BC! Time Short!
- So notice the balance: 490+126=616.
- Since it has to balance back to Temple Down, therefore 586BC +616 = 37 AD,
- all the time is made up if if if Messiah dies on time, which was David's death plus 1000 years =37AD.
- But He didn't. He died seven years EARLY.
Again, the 56 -- which equals the number of days from Passover to Pentecost, and again from Pentecost to 9th Av, the same as will be the takedown time of the 2nd Temple too -- that 56, is employed by all these writers.
- Daniel shorts his meter by it (750*7=5250, so -56= 742, the number of syllables=years reviewed, in his prayer).
- That is where Moses left off (ending at 56 syllables Psalm 90:16-17, when it should have been 70);
- Isaiah picks up where Moses stopped. See the 2-min demos of Isaiah's use of 56, here and here.
- So you get a whole picture with Moses playing on his own Genesis meter in Psalm 90,
- then 'stitched' by Isaiah, then Daniel, then Mary then Paul.
- And everyone in the NT except Matthew and Mary, meters back to Paul.
- It becomes a forensic proof, how to read Scripture, since the writers are all tagging each other.
Yeah, except.. although discernible and documented in the videos, this stuff is UNKNOWN in university and other sources of theological erudition. It's unknown, because the math errors over the centuries, never get corrected, so they all mask the accounting:
- They misread Numbers 28:26, so don't realize the 'counting of the Omer' begins piggybacked on the LAST day of Passover week; so the Jewish calendar is always wrong, and the Gentiles aren't any better.
- They use lunar years when Bible only uses solar (birthdays);
- So they misread 1 Chron 24, David's priestly courses are based on a solar year, 365.25 days per priestly course by the time the year ends (24-hour days), 30 days per month but Elul gets 35 (sacred year, remember).
- They use Josephus rather than Bible, claiming David died at age 70 (no, that's when he retired, 1Kings 1:1 and 1Chron22ff, he lives another seven years, 1Kings 2:39 takes you to 3 years after his death with Shimei and then 1Kings 6:1 is six months later, very clear math);
- They don't notice the 490-year benchmarks in the Genesis begats, and don't ask 'why 490 in Daniel 9?' So they miss the blatant fact that
- David's Hebron crowning is 1050 years after Abraham matured (490+70+490), because
- they instead date Bible using Sothic cycles or astronomy charts or Babylonian dates or Hippolytus/Eusebius incredibly bad math, rather than using BIBLE itself.
Actually, it was due to Eusebius' perennial incompetence and lying in nearly everything he wrote, which resulted in my learning Daniel's meter. That dingdong just flat added 490 years to come up with the totally-anti-Biblical idea that David ruled in 1076 BC
(586+490)! But, Eusebius is dead now, and knows better. Pity no one respects him enough to fix his math, so he doesn't have to keep reliving his mistakes...
Pity more, that some OLD human's writing, matters more than Scripture!
Drives me nuts. Dispies and non-dispies alike will be shocked to see their bad scholarship, so easily undone. Catholics and Calvinists and all preterists are shown slipshod, but the pre-Tribbers (and I'm among them) aren't shown up to be right, either. For Bible's
accounting basis differs from ALL of them. Yeah, Rapture is Pre-Trib, but pre-Tribbers get the reason and timing wrong.
So if these many hoary heads missed this accounting for centuries, how can a 'brainout' get it? Well, the answer is that anyone who asks God, gets answers. I asked God, when confronted with the 1076 'discrepancy', which also contradicts all 19th century et seq. scholarhip -- because all
the extant answers on both
sides of the debate, don't balance. Now, it's not possible that all of the numbers I show are right, either; but the total from Adam through Christ
, balances to Bible and accepted history; AND, the underlying meter and Time rules are consistently tracked pan-Bible to match, as shown in the https://vimeo.com/channels/howgodorchestratestime
channel. Start there with the math. If you see any mistakes, post here or start a new thread or post in the Eschatology forum, whatever you prefer. For the math is the math. 1+1=2 doesn't require initials after your name, to justify accuracy.
So BE SKEPTICAL. All I can do is disclose, here's what I found and what it seems to mean.
Consistently, from Gen to Rev. Getting the meaning out of Daniel will elucidate Rev, especially since John keeps talking back to Daniel 7-12. So center the examination on Daniel, and then see where that takes you.