FrankForum (Frankness IS Forum)

No ads, no mods, Frankly Anonymous (you can join w/fake name/email, are not tracked)!
It is currently 13 Nov 2019, 15:57

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Same rules as in other guest/member forums.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2016, 02:04 

Always enjoyed Mac OS 9 on my old PowerMac G4 but when I moved up to the PowerMac G5 running Mac OS 9 was no longer an option. There is no denying OS X is superior but there was something about Mac OS 9 that made it special.

Stumbled upon a great tutorial on Youtube that allows PPC emulation of Mac OS 9.0.4 on a piece of software called Sheepshaver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQAf7GII9NY

This works on OS X (Intel) 10.4.11 Tiger to OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan (doesn't work on macOS Sierra)

I currently have it running on OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard flawlessly.

Mac OS 7 and 8 can also be emulated
https://winworldpc.com/product/mac-os-9/90

Report this post

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2016, 10:22 

It looks like nobody implemented 3dfx Glide capabilities to Sheepshaver; which reduces the possibility for games. You'll want that for Myth or Oni, and many others. I'm guessing Caesar III would operate fine-- which by the way allows for more buildings to be placed unlike the smaller limit on the Windows release. So, in order to build the 'ultimate' city you'll need to do it in the Mac OS version.

Side rant: I installed Warcraft 2 on my iMac G3 (it was running OS 9), however even though you could enable right click, the mac install was never programmed to use it. So you had to do ctrl + click to simulate the right click. There's no way I could get used to it, especially since I already used the keyboard for other things, so having to occasionally hold down control was not going to cut it. I'm sure something like Marathon would be better because you'd be using the keyboard.

Report this post